The HARG general meeting was held on 16th March 2017 at the Museum of the Mind in Beckenham, Kent. The meeting included presentations by Juliet Scott (Tavistock Institute) on the TIHR Archive Project and Laura Hynds regarding changes in the new NHS Code of Records Management. Following the meeting attendees were given a guided tour of the museum by Colin Gale.
The agenda and minutes for the meeting can be accessed here along with the Powerpoint slides from the presentations.
Archival Practice as Organisational Development_Juliet Scott_ March_2017
Overview of Records Management Code of Practice for_Laura_Hynds_March_2017
A note on archive sector news submitted by Kevin Mulley could not be read out at the meeting due to time constraints. An updated note from Kevin covering up to June 2017 can be read here.
Archive Sector News Update_Kevin Mulley_TNA
The meeting will be held at the Borthwick Archives, York on Friday 29 September 2017.
The next HARG meeting will be held at Museum of the Mind, Beckenham, Kent, from 2pm to 4.30pm on the 14th March 2017.
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
1. 14:00: Welcome and introductions
2. 14:05: Presentation by Juliet Scott, Tavistock Institute, on public engagement work on the Tavistock Institute Archive project
3. 14:25: Presentation by Laura Hynds, Bart’s Health NHS Trust, on the new NHS Code of Practice on Records Management
4. 14:45: Minutes and matters arising relating to last meeting
5. 15:00: Website report
6. 15.10: HARG future projects
7. 15.25: Open forum/sector and partner news
8. 15:45: Guided tour of the Museum with Colin Gale
9. 16.15: Optional time to view museum displays
For further details please see attached document